Thursday, March 15, 2018

From the moment you walked in I was intrigued.

You spoke with your eyes and listened with an intent of genuine interest.

You where open and kind and extended this by simple acts that did not go unnoticed.

I noticed the softness and pureness of your skin and how the colours jumped out like a painting demanding to be noticed

The length of your hair that fell down your back and hugged your curves 

I wondered what your lips felt like and whether the red lipstick would stain mine if I kissed them

Being in your presence was melting the harshness I had worn as a protective suit for a while

It frightened me tremendously, and made me shrink into the shadows I had been comfortable in

The memories I held onto had caged me and my experiences felt like a sentence that I deserved.

With a touch of your hand, a caress of your mouth you awoke my body to consider that I could be wanted and want another again.

I cannot be with you, and I do not expect to be. We are circling our paths on different journeys that lead us in opposite directions.

But I know what I would like, before this path is widened by 10, 578 miles

I want to see your eyes light up when you smile 

I want to hear more about your hopes, your dreams and your future

I want to know and hear more of your story.

I want to spend time in your company. I want to keep cracking open the armor that I wear. 

I want to trace your skin with my fingers extremely slowly and lightly to take every millimeter of you in.

I want to feel you pressed against me, with nothing between us as our curves blend with the other

I want to feel your skin on mine. I want to hold your face in my hands whilst I kiss you slowly but deeply.

I want to see you with the lights on, every part of you. I want to do this sober. I want you to be my last magnificent memory of being here.

I want you to be the woman who freed me and guided me on my way.

I selfishly want you, before I go....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States

Followers