Tuesday, March 31, 2015

One photo changed everything


Back in 2011 I took this photo of my roller derby league as part of a photography idea I had. I wanted to make a coffee table style book celebrating this sport I had thrown myself into. It was about celebrating the diversity, complexity, craziness and athleticism of a group of predominately women with whom I was spending 3 nights a week with.  The final picture in the book needed to be awesome, and that's where the idea of a replication of the last supper popped into  my head.

Once the picture went on social media it went viral. And that's where  it all started... An Indonesian, Portuguese skater from Houston Roller Derby liked it. It blew me away that someone out there in the roller derby world 30,000 miles away clicked like. Of course my curiosity/stalker button went off and I hunted her down. I noticed she started liking some other photos....So I asked her to be friends with on Facebook. She said yes. And the avalanche begun

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States

Followers